Posted to rec.audio.pro
Daniel Fox Daniel Fox is offline

Default decent home cd player for under $100?

On Feb 26, 11:24 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Check out the current Pioneer offering. I have one of their earlier
inexpensive universal players and it seems just fine.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/discplayers/1203pioneer/

I think the current model is DV-588

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers....&Search=Search

The DV-563 can be had on ebay for $50-$80 refurbished. The DV-588
goes for $120 new. Unless anyone thinks the Marantz CD-63 Mk II would
still sound better (i'm ONLY interested in audio) these seem like a
good bet. I like the idea of being able to play SACD and DVD-A too,
though I wonder how much of an audible difference there will be,
especially since I only listen in stereo.

Thanks for the info Arny.

Dan