Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vic vic is offline

Default Can an HK AVR 230 receiver power Infinity Beta 50s?

Peter,

Thanks for the info. You sound like you know your stuff. If you don't
mind, here are some further details based on your comments that may
make bring this thread to more concrete conclusion. My living room is
12' wide x 18' long x 8.5' high (1836 cf). Next to it, is a dining
room that is 12' wide x 16' long x 8' high (1536 cf). There is no wall
separating the dining room, only a 16' opening with a 6" step up.
Behind it is a 12' opening with a 6" step up to the foyer (336 cf) and
hallway (240 cf). See rough sketch below.

|-------------------------------------|
| |
| Dining Room |
| |
---------------------------------------------------------|
Foyer | Entra .5 Beta 50 |
----- | Entra II center |
| | Entra .5 Beta 50 |
| |-------------------------------------------|
(JBL PSW1000 sub)

I listen to music and watch movies at moderate volume levels. Based on
these facts, would I be better off with the Beta 40s or maybe the Beta
20 bookshelves?

Thanks,
Victor

On Jan 12, 2:13 pm, " wrote:
wrote:
Any feedback on using either of
these speakers in combination with an HK AVR 230 receiver would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.It is a matter of definition: If you intend to listen at a moderate

level in a moderately sized room (something under 2000 c.f. or so) from
normal orchestral and other sources, you should be fine. If your room
is larger, you listen at high average levels, or extremely dynamic
(very high peak-to-average) sources, you will not be so fine.

Example: If one watt is your average listening level, your PtoA at
20dB, you will need a 100 watt amp to be OK. 1 watt is typically pretty
loud as an average, but the relationship remains.

One assumes the figures you gave are continuous power, not peak power.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA