Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] eskenazi@gmail.com is offline

Default Can an HK AVR 230 receiver power Infinity Beta 50s?

I currently own a Harman Kardon AVR 230 receiver (rated 65w per channel
stereo, 50w per channel 6.1 with an HCC of + - 35 Amps). I would like
to purchase Infinity Beta 50s (10-250w), but I am not sure if my
receiver will provide ample power for these speakers. The Beta 40s
(10-200w) are nice as well, but I like the fact that the 50s have 8"
woofers (vs 6.5" in the 40s). I also heard that 50s use higher-end
electronic components (not confirmed). Any feedback on using either of
these speakers in combination with an HK AVR 230 receiver would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.