Laurence Payne

Default usb mouse can cause problems to audio?

On 27 Feb 2004 18:50:05 GMT, (Raymond) wrote:

has anybody any experience with usb mouse?

I've been using a trackball (large) mouse that has the older round multi pin
plug on it, I have to use an USB adapter as my G4 has only USB ports.
I don't know how a mouse can cause audio trouble, but I'm not the smartest
computer geek in the group.

Yes, a USB mouse coupled with a USB soundcard (or another soundcard
sharing an IRQ with the USB controller) may cause audio glitching or
noise.

On a laptop, I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about it. Just
be sure to try before you buy. And don't use a laptop as your main
music machine unless you have no other option.

I sometimes do location recording on a laptop with a USB soundcard.
It works. As long as I keep my fingers off the touchpad while
recording, and don't plug in a USB mouse. I'm very glad that I can
take it home to edit on a desktop machine :-)

I'm not saying that NO laptop will perform well as an audio
workstation. But many don't.

CubaseFAQ
www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm