Posted to rec.audio.pro
George Graves George Graves is offline

Default Zoom H6

On Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:21:18 AM UTC-7, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:

I just looked at the specs for the H6.

I might have missed something, but /nowhere/ do I see a S/N spec for a

specified SPL.

No, nor do they publish any graphs or specs for their microphone capsules.

But I have some experience with their products now, and I see no reason to

fear. I have great hope that this will be the best one yet.

Gary

Gary;

Here is a VERY comprehensive review of the Zoom H4N complete with measurements. I know for a fact that the microphone capsules used in the H4n, the H2 and the H6 are the same, and I suspect that the rest of the audio performance is similar:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/zoom/h4n.htm#meas

This is the review I used to get the microphone frequency response that I used to gauge the bass boost I added via Audacity on my recent string trio recording with my H2. It seems to be quite accurate, but, of course, this is highly subjective on my part.