Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default I'm beginning to think that Many Audiophiles can't hear.

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:15:45 AM UTC-7, Robert Peirce wrote:
In article ,

Audio_Empire wrote:

DACs often are crossover products. For instance, Benchmark and Antelope DACs

were designed for the recording studio, but are sold in high-end 'salons' as

well for use in domestic stereos. As such, they aren't cheap but they don't

sound as good to this listener as do DACs from MSB or dCS.

At my age my hearing isn't what it used to be. On top of that, the

music was always more important than the equipment I played it on.

I recently replaced a pair of Apogee Divas I had owned for twenty years

with a Hsu setup consisting of two sub-woofers and two bookshelf

speakers. The new system sounds great. The subs have built-in amps and

I can drive the bookshelf speakers with one of the two Classe amps I had

for the Apogees. The main factor in making the switch was to plan for a

smaller listening room. The surprise was the quality of the sound. I

don't think Hsu is considered high end but I could have spent a lot more

for very little improvement that I might be able to hear.

I believe that they are considered high-end components. I know Stereophile
has reviewed some of their offerings, but I don't remember which models.

Audio_Empire