Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default I'm beginning to think that Many Audiophiles can't hear.

In article ,
Audio_Empire wrote:

P.S. Anyone contemplating the purchase of a power amp, are doing
themselves and their pocket books a big disservice if they don't explore
the music reinforcement amps from the likes of Behringer, Peavy,
and Crown. You'd be surprised how much power, audio performance and
indestructible reliability that can be had for so little money.

I would add that so-called pro equipment, which used to be considered
poor compared to the ultimate high end rigs, is pretty damn good if you
are into digital. You can get top-of-the-line stuff for 1/10 of what
high end gear costs. I'm sure "golden ears" can hear the difference but
I can't.

I am less certain about non-digital stuff. Speakers, for example, are
all over the place. You can get remarkably good sound for a very fair
price but it isn't necessarily pro gear, but it isn't necessarily high
end either.