Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default So-called high rez audio downloads debunked - again!

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:53:00 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:38:54 PM UTC-4, August Karlstrom wrote:

That's interesting. So you mean that a budget amplifier like NAD C
316BEE will sound practically the same as a high-end design like
darTZeel CTH-8550 at moderate listening levels driving normal speakers?

Put a cloth over them, match their output levels exactly, and try to
tell which is which. Good luck.

Exactly! The good Nabob33 seems to be confusing price with function.

Maybe I will consider downgrading my Creek Destiny to a NAD then.

You could, I suppose, but why bother? There's nothing wrong with
having a little overkill in the system.

There is likely nothing that the Creek does that either the Dartzeel or NAD
will do better. The Dartzeel will certainly give him more speaker choices
(because of it's power) and certainly will look more impressive on his
equipment shelf and will likely increase his sense of pride of ownership
(since it costs as much as a small car), but other than that, I doubt very
seriously if, like you say, stripped of visual and expectational cues, he
could tell the difference in a properly set-up listening test.