Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nabob33@hotmail.com is offline

Default So-called high rez audio downloads debunked - again!

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:38:54 PM UTC-4, August Karlstrom wrote:

That's interesting. So you mean that a budget amplifier like NAD C
316BEE will sound practically the same as a high-end design like
darTZeel CTH-8550 at moderate listening levels driving normal speakers?

Put a cloth over them, match their output levels exactly, and try to
tell which is which. Good luck.

Maybe I will consider downgrading my Creek Destiny to a NAD then.

You could, I suppose, but why bother? There's nothing wrong with
having a little overkill in the system.

Unless, that is, you want to take advantage of NAD's sterling
reputation for quality control. ;-)