Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nabob33@hotmail.com is offline

Default So-called high rez audio downloads debunked - again!

On Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:33:24 AM UTC-4, Audio Empire wrote:

Hmmm, I must have missed the part about the power cords, I don't
remember them saying that.

It's in the fourth and last article. Sort of tells you all you need to
know about the basis of their "points" system, doesn't it? If Stephen
Colbert were an audio reviewer, he would praise these articles for
their scienciness.

snip

Now, where did I say that my source was secret? I said that the
moderators of the rec.audio.high-end news group won't allow me to
mention my source. I didn't say it was secret. I write for a number of
audio publications and I wish to keep my real identity anonymous. The
moderators of this NG don't want me to remain anonymous, they want me
to fully disclose my affiliations. I offered to disclose that info to
THEM, as long as they didn't spill the beans on the NG, but they found
that condition unacceptable. The compromise we came to was that I
didn't have to reveal my true identity, or tell what magazines I
write for as long as I never directly MENTIONED any audio publications
in any of my posts. Hence my inability to tell the previous poster
where I read the aforementioned papers. No secret, here. Merely
following orders.

Fair enough. Referring to "my source" made it sound far more
mysterious.

Since I'm not bound by the same constraints, I'll just mention that
these four articles have appeared in the last four issues of that
bastion of science, The Absolute Sound. John Atkinson claims to have
had first crack at them, and turned them down. But no science is too
pseudo for Harley.

bob