Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.pro
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default arithmetically challenged people

On May 11, 11:07*pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 12/05/2011 4:03 PM, Kevin Krell wrote:

On 5/11/2011 2:07 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
As I'm working, "Let's Make a Deal" is on. A woman has four rolls of a
die
to get 10 points or more. She gets 8 on the first two rolls. So...
does she
or the host say "No need to roll again?" No! She actually rolls the die!

OK, guess I'm mathematically challenged, then. Of course she has to roll
again, at least once more (and possibly twice if #3 is a one), as the 8
is still less than the 10 you're saying she requires.

But she's bound to get at least 1 on each subsequent roll, so no matter
what happens she wins. Accordingly, as the OP indicated, there's no need
to bother.

Sylvia

Rolling again takes less time than explaining, and less time by the
production staff, later on, to deal with the communiques sent by
puzzled viewers.