Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tubes
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

Default Williamson by QUAD?

On Sep 8, 5:44 pm, John Byrns wrote:
In article om,
Bret Ludwig wrote:

90% of carbs on the US road anymore, if not 95% are four barrel
Holleys with progressive operation, two small and two large.

90% Holleys, that seems far fetched, do you have any hard evidence to
support this contention?

Most are
on 60s-80s V8s. But where people were converting 80s cars with TBI to
carb ten years ago, now we are seeing EFI on everything from old
Beetles to flathead Ford V8s. You have to realize that at least in
these parts the easy availablity of credit and $100/hr shop charges
have denuded the US roads of cars older than ten or fifteen years.

Does that mean my twelve year old car will soon be on the scrap heap and
I should bit it farewell while I still have the chance?

My daily driver was made while Bret's idol was still alive and
getting serviced against the refrigerator by Sinatra. It does,
however, have a fuel injected 5 liter and AOD.