Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Xtrchessreal Xtrchessreal is offline

Default Triode Naming Convention

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 2:50:43 AM UTC-6, Xtrchessreal wrote:
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 8:57:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Xtrchessreal wrote:

===================
Section 1 is so called due to lower hum compared to section 2.

** The 2 triodes of a 12AX7 / ECC83 are identical, one doe not "hum" more than the other.

Internal connection arrangements for grids and heaters vary between versions and brands, maybe having a small effect on capacitive coupling if high impedances feed he grids.

It is very common to use DC voltage for the heaters to eliminate any issues whether grid or cathode related.

.... Phil

Just read the REMARK on the bottom of page one. https://drtube.com/datasheets/ecc83-philips1970.pdf
I don't understand the perpetual misinformation. V1B is triode with pins 6,7,8.
But hey, thanks for making my point more clear.

http://www.eierc.com/rc/ECC83.htm NOTE: under the pinout
Similar remarks and notes can be found on many 12ax7,12au7,...etc data sheets