James Perrett

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:31:59 GMT, Tom Jancauskas
wrote:

So, I had him bring over the discs that he had. He had the original audio
CD-R master, extracted AIFF files saved on a CD-ROM, as well as the
bonus
tracks that need to be added the the final product in AIFF format.

I proceeded to extract the audio using Samplitude Pro 8.2 CD extractor. I
made him a CD and he sat there with headphones and switched CD's back &
forth in the player & said the copy doesn't sound the same.

Is Samplitude good at extracting audio from CD's? Does your CD drive read
audio CD's properly? You need to know the answers to those questions
before going any further.

If you don't know then try using EAC - it will be slow but at least you'll
know that you are getting the most accurate transfer possible with your
hardware. If you are using a Plextor drive that supports the reading of C2
error flags (most do) then Plextools will also extract CD audio accurately.

Once you've accurately extracted the audio from both CD's then invert the
polarity of one, paste it over the other and see if there is any signal
remaining. If there isn't a perfect null then your client is right.

Without knowing the results of the null test we can't really help much
further.

Cheers.

James.