Tom Jancauskas

in article , Scott Dorsey at
wrote on 9/6/05 1:18 PM:

Tom Jancauskas wrote:

I am very curious as to WHERE he is getting his material from.

I have approached the subject several times & he can't (or won't) give me an
answer.

He may well not even know. He may be getting these things either from
the label or under the counter from someone at the label. All you can do
is shrug and ask for the master tapes which he probably can't get.

Still, this is really the best kind of customer to have, if you are
charging by the hour. You can spend an awful lot of time tracking
something like this down, and usually these guys are very willing to
pay for it.
--scott

that's OK. The guys seems to be getting the material from not too reliable
sources as it turns out.

I have just been told by the replication house that the files the client is
using are from South Africa. These are AMERICAN 60's bands HMMM...

I am not dealing with him anymore and won't take his business. Something
semms amiss and I don't think I want to be involved.

He isn't willing to get the master tapes either or pay to track all of this
down.

His answer to the question "is there any way you can get the masters?" It is
a flat out no i can't. Not even a I can try...

Thanks for all of the info though! I'll keep it in mind for future projects.

I would love to have one of those long term projects that pays by the hour
for tracking down all of the material. He isn't it unfortunatly...

--
Tom Jancauskas
Imedia