Tom Jancauskas

in article , Mike
Rivers at
wrote on 9/6/05 5:48 AM:

Tom Jancauskas wrote:
I proceeded to extract the audio using Samplitude Pro 8.2 CD extractor. I
made him a CD and he sat there with headphones and switched CD's back &
forth in the player & said the copy doesn't sound the same.

If it's a bad enough CD player, you can unload and re-load the same CD
and it will sound different to someone who really wants to be picky.
And if it's a home-made (CD-R or worse, CD-RW) disk, there's even
greater margin of difference. CDs may be digital, but they aren't
perfect.

Unless you can find something clearly wrong with what you're doing, I
think your friend is being too picky.

The CD player I was using was a sony from about 9 or 10 years ago with VERY
little use. He says he hears the same problems on his home system.

I agree that CDs may be digital, but they aren't perfect.

Geez, you get more loss of quality by making an analog copy of the CD to
another CD than what he is hearing. Go figure...

Thanks all. This seems to be one of those things that just is. He won't ever
be happy and will be looking to find a difference in ALL of his projects.
Lucky me.

--
Tom Jancauskas
Imedia