Robert Drake

Default Alpine setup w/ PS2... Engine "whine".....

Hey folks, I've got a problem with engine "whine" coming through my
sound setup when the Playstation 2 is active and being used....

I have an Alpine CDA-7897 Head unit, connected via Ai-Net to a
KCA-801B which then connects to a CHA-1214 12 disc changer.

For screens, I have one TME-M760 in the front and 2 TME-M580's in the
rear. The 580's get their A/V feed from the LINK output on the 760
and the PS2's A/V plugs into the AUX3 inputs on the 760. I split the
audio out from the 760 to the KCA-801B, so audio goes to the head unit
AND to the rear screens. But now I hear the engine whine through the
AUX source on the HU.....

It's more related to the PS2, because if I unplug the PS2's A/V from
the 760, it doesnt happen. What causes this and what can I do to get
rid of it?

Only thing I can think of is the PS2's power isn't regulated. it gets
whatever the alternator is putting out.. Would the voltage spikes be
causing that? I do have a 12VDC-DC converter somewhere I could try...

Thanks!

- Mobster75!