Greg M Silverman

Default microphones

Am looking into buying microphones to record the following:

-- solo guitar (mostly nylon string)

-- guitar and recorder

-- guitar, winds, tuba and voice

-- 2-guitars, recorder and voice

and possiblly other ensemble mixes.

I've been told to get Oktava 012's by several people (small diaphragm,
with interchangeable capsule for different situations), but have also
been told that CAD 300s (or equivalent) would better suit my needs for
good sound.
I will be using a Powerbook with an mBox for the recording.

First, is this NG the best one for this type of question, and if not
could someone please direct me to a better one?

If so, what would people's recommendations? I would be willing to spend
up to $500 for a pair of decent mics.

TIA!

gms--