Tony F

I stay at a bitrate of 160 or 192 whenever I record MP3s to CDs. I also
record them onto CD in music files, not MP3s. From my very limited
understanding, the SQ is much better using audio files vs. MP3. I don't
mind only have 80 minutes or so per each CD. I honestly can't hear the
difference between them and a CD.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

"MOSFET" wrote in message
Like many of you, over the past few years I have switched from listening
CD's to now almost exclusively listening to MP3's. All my MP3's have a
sampling rate of 128 or higher, and generally speaking I am pleased with
the
sound quality.

However, sometimes with some songs I get the distinct impression that I'm
missing something. It's hard to define (there's a French word I'm
searching
for) what it is that's missing, but I can best describe it by a lack of
fullness, or perhaps a sense of "flatness", a two dimensional
representation rather than three dimensional (geez, I sound like a real
audiophile dweeb). Of course, with other songs I don't sense this at all.

Does anybody else feel this way? Have you done anything about it? Are
there any good tips out there to make MP3's sound better? Do any of you
refuse to use MP3's because of this?

MOSFET