EddieM

Default More from Sean

nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote

Sniipp and disgreed to all the things you said.
Feel free to repaste though.

snip....................

snip

Now, saying that there is going to be a difference in the mind tells you
that
you should avoid DBT because it will alter the way you perceive the
stimulus
(sounds) unto your peripheral field. And DBTest does exactly just that.

How many times this have to be explain to you.

Your "explanation" is in direct dontradiction with what is known about
hearing.

The only reason to avoid a DBT is to avoid the truth.

Hahahahaha ! I like that!

[...] That's why using only one's ears is what a DBT is all about,
allowing the listener to focus on sound alone.

How about this:

Using only one's ears is what a DBT is all about, allowing the listener to
focus their altered perception on sound alone.

Yes?

Yes.

LoL!

Yessss oh yesss.

It can be influenced by various biases, which is why removing them and
doing a blind comparison, level matched, is best.

I am talking about the "acuity" of their "ability to discern" subtle
differences and NOT about the influence of various biases. That is,
the ability to discern do not change for any Subjective "listening"
Evaluation.

It doesn't? Please point me to the research that confirms this notion.
The consenus is that hearing is influenced by what one sees and that
people can be routinely fooled into thinking they are listening to 2
different sources when in fact they are only listening to one.

Let me point you instead to the example about the color RED for
you above.

IOW you can't confirm with any research because there is none.

So, you have to have your confirmation. Hmmmm.

So if Michael Fremer carry out a subjective listening Evaluation at
audio "saloon" and detect positive subtle diff., he is very likely
hearing things.

Same stupid question.
The answer has been given to you several times. If one listens for subtle
differences without proper bias controls, no matter who they are, they are
very likely to beleive they hear differences that are not there.

What are you talkin about ? I said to you that both person are carrying
out the same Subjective listening Evaluation. One is at an audio saloon
and one is at Harman.

And what has the location to do with anything? It's the method not the
place.

Oh my Goodness.

Why is it that the one at Harman is likely to NOT hear things, but not
for the one at the audio saloon even if their ability to detect
(See color Red example) has not change ?

Where did I say that was the case? Again it's the method, not the preson or
the place

Oh good gracious. Now it's the method.

But if Mr. Olive carrys out Subjective "listening" Evaluation at Harman
and detect positive subtle difference, he is likely to not hear things.

I have never said that.

uh-oh

Uh-oh is right. I've never siad either person was more likely to hear
bettter or worse than other, it's how the listening is done, not who is
doing it, unless of course there is some reason to believe that one of them
has defective hearing. Judging by some of the things Fremer has said in
print a case could be made that his hearing is defective, but in actuality,
it's his methods that we know for sure are unrelaible. How else could he
praise the WAVAC amp with it's gross amounts of distortion?

Your agenda is showing.... yooohooo.

Could you describe to me the specific differences in their senses
leading you to validate that Michael Fremer is very likely hearing
things?

It is not about Fremer or about Olive it is about bias, people have them
and can't escape them. That is why DBT's are the preferred method for
determing subtle differences, they control bias.

That's pretty evasive of you. This has nothing to do with the discussion
of bias.

It has everything to do with it, yo just won't admit it

Holy mollusk !

This has to do with the sense of perception and the ability to detect
sound differences.

And is affected by bias.

Hmmm, now it's about biasss...

What are the specific differences with regard to their
ability to detect when one carrys out Subjective Evaluation at audio saloon
and when one does it at Harman?

See above.

You're way up in the ozone man. .......way up

Why is it that the one at Harman is likely to NOT hear things, but not
for the one at the audio saloon even if their ability to detect
(See color Red example) has not change ?

Who said it was? Not me.

Before, you said it does, now you say it doesn't.

Olive would not likely be doing any sighted evaluations himself. They
tend to use groups of trained listeners in blind comparisons.

I'm not asking you if whether Mr. Olive would still be doing Subjective
Evaluation himself or use a group of trained listener. I'm asking you to
describe the specific differences regarding their sense to detect.

See the list of publications below in the Case for ABX.

You refuse to answer ? LoL!

I have answered. You just ignore it.

Your terrible.

I thought that was clear. Let me ask again (as I hope) to be equally
precise:

God no, not that well known Eddie precision.

What is/are the specific differences to their senses with regard to the
"ability itself" in detecting for sound differences -- leading you to
validate that Michael Fremer is very likely hearing things ?

I was speaking of his apparent lack of sanity based on his writing and the
fact that based on those writings he can't seem to hear very well. What is
certain is that he and the other reviewers at SP do not use reliable methods
to determine if the things they review are indeed any different from other
things they've reviewed in the past or things they currently own.

Your agenda is showing again.

See the list of publications I mentioned.

You refuse answer ? LoL!

What is Mr. Olive "doing" there at Harman that causes him to NOT hear
things ----------- if both him and Michael Fremer's "ability to detect"
has not change when carrying out Subjective Evaluation ?

Why are you setting up a strawman? I've said several times now, that it
doesn't matter who is doing the listening, if it's sighted then it will
very likely lead to unreliable results.

I said: What is Mr. Olive "doing" there at Harman that causes him to
NOT hear things ?

And my response is that I hasve no idea what he hears or doesn't hear, since
I don't think he personally participates in any of thte listening tests.

Oh no! he doesn't participate !

I think you already got this one

LoL!

snip

I'm footless.

Whatever that means.

I was thinking it was some other organ you were missing.

No, just my foot. Give it back to me.