Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil Gould Neil Gould is offline

Default Windows Is Driving Me To Drink! (Win7 This Time)

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/5/2013 10:05 AM, Neil Gould wrote:

To support the presumption that the computer
will always by on-line (which it will be if it has access), security
measures have been introduced to address the way that many users
work.

I've been saying this more and more lately: "I'M NOT MOST PEOPLE,
DAMMIT!" I was comfortable with the say that WinXP shared files, I've
done it for years and to my knowledge I've never had anything stolen
or corrupted from the outside. It was simple, there were only a few
things to understand and remember, and I could deal with it. Win7 has
too many choices and not enough "how to do it" documentation by
example.

I suspect that your opinion that XP was "simple" is based on its pardigm
being pretty much like every version of Windows from Win95 on. You've
learned how things work in that paradigm for over a decade and a half, so
it's comfortable. Vista changed all that, and since "most people" skipped
Vista, they also didn't get oriented to its different paradigm (that was
carried over into Win7).

So, now that MS has pitched that paradigm with the introduction of Win8, I
suspect that there will be quite a bit more drinking going on. ;-D

--
best regards,

Neil