Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
Kevin Aylward[_3_] Kevin Aylward[_3_] is offline

Default MOSFET output stage

JosephKK wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:21:19 GMT, "Kevin Aylward"
wrote:

it.

Not at all in any remote way shape or form.
Don't you at least agree there are many similarities between 1/f
noise and offset?

Actually, I do. By and large, they amount to the same thing. Its all
low frequency variations. For example, if one designs a chopper amp
to get low offset, it also kills/corrects for 1/f noise as well. If
one has 1/f problems in an system, one immediately thinks about
using a chopper..well I do any way...

Kevin Aylward
www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice

I am less sure about it killing 1/f (flicker) noise rather than band
shifting it to a place where is can be filtered out. It is not
offset, though the chopper amplifiers can mask it out.

I don't see who its physical possible to distinguish between a random dc
offset, and random noise. If offset is completely fixed, never moves with
time, we can ignore it as we can just subtract it with certainty. Its only
if it moves that it concerns us, well, except for having 1A continuous
through a speaker coil....

Ah, yes, noise
shaping; making some undesired near band interfering signal content
terms go where they are easier to separate from the desired signal.

already addressed by the other fellows post.

Kevin Aylward

www.kevinaylward.co.uk