Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default Car alarm installers rant

bob wald wrote:
car alarms...lol. are the stupidest people alive.
i see all these car alarm people setting alarms outside stores.when
theyll be back in 10minutes. plus theres CAMERAS in big store parking
lots!!!!!!!

How do you suggest protecting a vehicle that is on the top 10 most
stolen list then? A good thief can be off and running with YOUR car in
30 to 60 seconds. Hell, some of the local car thieves even have tow
trucks. Right now they seem to be targeting LS1
Camaros/Firebirds/Trans-Ams, but that could easily change to other vehicles.

Store Cameras.... are you friggin serious? Bwhahahahahahahaha! All
that will do is show the police that someone made off with your car.
Then a few hours later, the police will find it stripped down to the
frame, usually torched.

Insurance - what a joke because they give you the lowest possible dollar
for your total loss. My last vehicle that was declared a total loss
resulted in a check that was $9,000 BELOW blue book.

The club? Ever seen a hacksaw go through a steering wheel? How about a
steering wheel, with the club still attached, left in the parking spot
of the vehicle that had the club on it?

I am open for other suggestions to protect a car on the top 10 most
stolen list. Please give me your infinite wisdom Mister Wald!