Glenn Dowdy

"Pete Dimsman" wrote in message

Blind Joni wrote:
The problem is that the US 7% of the population consumes far, far more
than it's share of the worlds resources. And most of the those
resources belonged to other countries... it's a stacked deck, which is
why so much of the world resents America.

I understand this but aren't we BUYING those resources..we're not

stealing
them.

You CAN'T put a dollar value on everything. There is a finite amount of
fossil fuel available, and we took a good portion of that while it was
still cheap. Because we have (or had) the money to pay for them, doesn't
change the fact that we have and continue to use an imporportionate
amount of those resources. Maybe "stealing" isn't the right word, you
can call it "taking".

So what you're saying is that the US is offering the best price for scarce
resources, and is paying the same price as anyone else for non-scarce goods?
The countries that sell us resources don't have to, do they?

Glenn D.