Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default McIntosh Clinic

On Wed, 14 May 2008 12:00:03 -0500, Bob Simon
wrote:

I have a McIntosh 2100 that was performance certified in 1976 at a
clinic. Now it needs service - one of the channels intermittently
drops.

Clean the switches and controls. Pay special attention to
the speaker on/off switch. If cleaning with Caig MCL doesn't
make it operate reliably, replacements are available from Mc.

It's also a very good idea to remove the driver cards
and to clean their contacts. Just a very, very, very
light coating of Caig on the board contacts and re-insert.

Do they still have those free clinics?

Sadly, Davey O'Brien has been gone these several years. Nobody
else was willing to do the gig.

All good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
"I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you,
it'll be with a knife." -Louise Brooks