Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default The Great Guitar Cable Myth?

On 6/06/2017 9:03 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
And then there's the issue of power for the preamp. You might find
yourself on a gig with a dead battery.

Acoustic guitarists with active pick-ups (many) have been coping with
that for years. Changing the battery every few gigs is not that hard.
(Although the ones where you have to slacken the strings to get at the
battery are a pain in the ass.) I did have one artist tell me he had a
passive pick-up when I complained it was clipping. Turns out it had a
battery he hadn't changed in years! If you are going to do paid gigs the
least you can do is make sure your batteries are OK. :-(

Trevor.