Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dieter Britz[_3_] Dieter Britz[_3_] is offline

Default Digitiser

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:58:46 -0700, isw wrote:

In article ,
Dieter Britz wrote:

I have bought a Behringer UCA 122 audio digitiser,
nice little gadget. I connected it to my PC and it spent some time
installing - something - which however didn't appear on the screen as
an icon. A Behringer adviser (someone in India) tells me I should use
Audacity "or the like" to use the digitiser, but I cannot see how I can
tell Audacity to take the signal from the UCA thing.

Does anyone out there have experience with the Behringer thing and can
give me some advice?

Don't know about PCs, but on a Mac, if you look in Audacity's
Preferences, you see "Devices", and from there you can select any
installed Recording source. Of course, this assumes the Behringer thing
is properly installed.

Isaac

It has taken a long time (been busy) but I just
found out that I can do this under Linux. Just plug
the gadget in, start Audacity, choose the Codec input,
and Bob's your uncle. Lovely. I hate Windows anyway.

--
Dieter Britz