Sidhu

Default small room acoustics

Hi,
ive just moved into this small place with the intention of making it
into as much of a workable project room as possible. There are two
rooms. One 10*10 and another 14*10 (yet to measure the ceiling. The
14*10 is where i have the DAW and i got the other room carpeted, this
is where i record.

I need to get some acoustic work done here.... the smaller (record)
room has a lotta flutter to it. soon i wud putting up thick drapes on
the rear (and one side) wall.. that i think wud help till some extent.

But mainly i want the monitoring room to sound good. (i have as of
yet to pik up monitors, hard as i might try i cant seem to kook up a
budget beyong the Behringers). This room is ver boomy.. and there are
section where ther is this sudden boom at bout 60-120. I can pik up a
measurement microphone and the software (?) and then insert an EQ.

I need a solution that does not cost much, is not permanent (cause i
might need to get out, my lease expires in 9 months.) Something that i
can throw on the walls and remove it when needed.

could some of you help me out with some links on DIY acoustics.... ???
i was thinking on perhaps to get a few 3feet by 6feet frames made...
bout two inches deep. stuff it with glasswool and cover it with
perforated gipsum of fibreboard. suspend em bout and inch and a half
off the wall. But will it work.
Basstraps... ???

We do not get Auralex in India.

thanks a ton.