Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default pressure buildup rings on Sennheiser mics

wrote:

this mic, that many consider to be an excellent mic, has +6dB boost
at 10 kHz

Well, there isn't a lot happening above 10 kHz, so there may be an
advantage
to reaching further to grab what's there. It might come in handy. When
the boost
is via mechanical/acoustical means, you don't get the increase in hiss
that so
often results from boosting a mic's electrical noise with high frequency
EQ.

me he
)