Nousaine

Default PRESSURE ZONE Subwoofer direction

Eddie Runner wrote:

Nousaine wrote:

Of course. That's why we have standing waves. But they don't form below

50-60
Hz in most cars because that's in the pressure zone.

I thought I defined PRESSURE ZONE for you yesterday....
Did you miss that?
We cant discuss something intellegently unless we both agree on the
definition...
If you dont agree with my defintion please give me your definition....

Or are you just using words to baffle folks with your bull****?
If so the definitions are irrelevant of course...

Eddie Runner

We can't have an intelligent discussion Eddie because you don't understand the
acoustics in the car.

In a vehicle with the interior volume of a C4 or C5 Corvetter the standing wave
there is cabin gain (pressure zone reinforcement) below 60 Hz @ 12 dB per
octave as frequency falls because that is the frequency of the lowest axial
mode.

The standing wave region occurs between 60 and 600 Hz. Above that the
wavelengths are short enough that standing waves are statistically dense.