Posted to rec.audio.high-end
mikenews mikenews is offline

Default Advice re Integrated Amp or Receiver for Vandersteen 1 Speakers

Thanks for the advice! I'll check out these options.

I should add that my problem with the Onkyo was that it was blowing its
4A fuses with the Vandersteen's. Reducing the length of my 10 gauge
speaker wire to the bare minimum (I cut out about 16 feet) has reduced
the overheating and I haven't had a problem since.

So, looks like the TX-3000 workhorse will handle the load until it's
replacement comes in. This gives me some more time to shop.

- Mike