Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Thank you all for the input..

I'm beginning to think the Digi001 setup I'm running this

from
might have something to do with it, in light of this

article:

http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Hom...heDigi001.html

Is this a possibility?

Frankly not based on just what these plots plots show,
particularly

http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Hom...parison/fr.png

I see a +0.25 dB rise above 15 KHz, which is very likely to
be inaudible, let alone being a deal breaker.

If you want to get some experience with hearing the effects
of small and large frequency response variations, please
listen to some of the files you can download from

http://www.pcabx.com/technical/dips_pips_tips/index.htm

and

http://www.pcabx.com/technical/low_pass/index.htm

I should point out that http://www.marktaw.com/recording
shows measurements on someone else's equipment operating in
their environment. There are such things as equipment
failtures and interface effects, and they could be affecting
the sound quality where you are.