Arny Krueger

"Binba" wrote in message
ups.com
Thanks guys for all the replies. Trying to fix the stereo myself can
be fun... but so far all I know is this:
- It doesn't power up, nada.
- Upon plugging it in, the lamp at the other outlet did flicker
slightly.
- Everything inside looks in place, nothing burnt or loose.
- The transformer seems PCB-soldered. (could it be that it's in some
kind of a socket? I didn't really feel like touching it....)

So where do I go with that?

Given your apparent expertise level - you need professional help to fix it.

Given the low cost of possible replacements, repairing it might easily be
uneconomical.