Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How consistent are studio monitors of the same make and model?

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
On 21/07/2020 8:36 pm, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
On 19/07/2020 1:25 am, John Williamson wrote:

If it still sounds good and the bass driver cone doesn't distort too
badly on the NS-10, then the mix is okay for any sensible listening system.

They were the archetypal cheap and nasty speaker.

Pretty nasty perhaps, but not really all that cheap considering.

We got ours free from the Yamaha rep.

Yeah, but some people actually paid for them. :-)

That totally floored me at the time, and I guess it still kind of does.
--scott

There's a pair on Reverb.com with an asking price of $1000.

--
Les Cargill