Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default A little help with adaptors and naming.

"Harry Putnam" wrote in message ...

I've been amazoning for a specific adaptor and found my puny skills to
be wanting in pretty short order.

So, two things:

1) I wonder if folks here may know of a better place than amazon to be
looking for some of the more uncommon kinds of adaptors.

2) The adaptor I need would do this: Transfer the stereo 1/8 out
(earphone) jack on PC, to two 1/4 Stereo TRS male plugs. The kind
used to power some kinds of speakers, where each carries the full
stereo... both left and right in each plug.

Not the other and more common adaptor that transfers the pc jack to
2 1/4 TR plugs, that carry only 1 left and 1 right in either plug.

Now, I realize that the adaptation could be done with more pieces
to it but had hoped to find a single piece of wire manufactured for
just the purpose described above.

It's unlikely you will find what you are looking for off the shelf, this is
rather an unusual configuration.

I know you said you didn't want more pieces, but, by far the simplest,
cheapest and quickest solution would be to get one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Stereo...3D400617159831

And 2 of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-to3-5m... em1e861a2eaf

You can probably get both locally, cheaply, and with little difficulty.

Cheers,

Gareth.