Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default The death of audio

Audio_Empire wrote:

The digital Camera that I currently use is more than 18 Mp and
pictures from it can be blown up to poster size before they start to
fall apart. No digital cameras can compare with 35mm Kodachrome for
resolution - yet.

That statement caught my eye. I trust your experience with this stuff, so
maybe you could expand on that a little. I am under the distinct impression
that modern digital cameras have way surpassed the resolution of film. I
know I have had many negatives scanned for digital printing, and even my
medium format stuff doesn't compare to digital. My newest DSLR is 24 Mp.
That would make a 13 x 20 print at 300 dpi!

I know a lot depends on format size and lenses, so I presume you are talking
about 35mm slides and not 6 x 7 or something, right?

Gary Eickmeier