Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default TC VoiceLive 2 or Eventide H3000 for vocal?

Keoki wrote:

While still fishing for a good deal on a H3000 on eBay, I ran into an
interesting issue with the VoiceLive 2. No matter what I do with the
machine, the vocal harmonies seems to have a tiny lag, even with all
delay, modulation, reverb, etc. effects off. It's not a huge echo
slapback, just a tiny lag, but over time it causes me to drift more
and more behind the tempo as I sing the each note more behind the beat
to compensate for the lagging previous note.

Do Eventides have this weird phenomenon too?

Anytime there is conversion there will be latency. I'm not familiar with
the VL2, but I have many times sung "harmony" via the H3000 and not met
that problem.

How are you routing the feed and return? Does the VL2 have a direct,
non-processed path? Some processors do, and some don't, requiring that
any signal fed them travel ADCDAC.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri