Jordin M.

Default Amp cutting out intermittently

Hey,
I looked up my HU specs..The max pre-out voltage is 2V / 10k Ohms
...that's whats listed..(Its an Alpine CDA-7839) .. My amps low-pass
crossover is set to: 60 Hz..The settings go from 50 up to 300hz with
settings of 50, 60, 100, 160, 250 and 300..Where would you recommend I
set it to? (just curious what does this do to help with the amp? By
cutting out stuff that is too high and taking some of the load off?)

Thanks in advance
-Jordin

Look at the maximum preout voltage in your HU manual. Where is your
crossover set? If it's too low, setting it higher will help a lot.

Paul Vina

"Jordin M." wrote in message
m...
What kind of numbers do I look for in my HU manual? The bass is hardly
there with the gains only at slightly over 1/2..The HU bass is at 5
out of 6..Things get hot with gains at 3/4..sigh..I guess I just have
to live with a cool amp and a lot less bass.
-Jordin

I've never need to run an amp with the gain at 3/4, but all of my HU's

have
had high voltage preouts. If your HU has low voltage HU's then running

it
at a higher gain setting will be ok. It just depends on your HU.

Paul Vina

"Jordin M." wrote in message
m...
So is it generally safe to push them to around 3/4? I put them back
down to 1/2 each and the amp is much cooler. The bass is MUCH less
though..I don't wanna dick up the amp but I would like my music to
sound good too..Just a little more ok u think?
-Jordin

If they were way up (past 3/4) then that would certainly be a

culprit.
Generally though, the amp ought not to thermal below that, and

certainly
not below 1/2.

Another possibility is that your speakers are just plain worn out.