Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default earbuds

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 20:23:10 -0400, the renowned Phil Hobbs
wrote:

It isn't _my_ music that justifies the earplugs. Properly fitted
earplug headphones are far safer than ordinary ear buds in noisy
environments such as airplanes (I just got to gold frequent-flyer
status, so I care about that. If business continues to be good, I may
make platinum this year.)

You have to crank up the volume so high to get any S/N ratio that you
can easily damage your hearing. Give me the occasional case of diver's
ear any day.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Bose noise-cancelling headphones. Well worth the cost if you spend
more than 20 hours a year in aircraft.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany