Roger W. Norman

Steve Jorgensen" wrote in message
... I'm not a huge
participant around here, but I think I speak for a lot of us
when I say - give it a damn rest already.

It has nothing to do with artistic types being opinionated, because everyone
is opinionated in some subject.

The point is that over the past 3+ years we've all be lambasted with such
things as the Dixie Chicks being the next Beatles because they disavowed a
love for Bush. If you want to end the off topic conversations here, then
help get rid of Bush in the next election, if you can.

To say that these discussions are "off topic" is true, in the broadest sense
of the word, but not true when it comes down to how the events of the last 3
years have eaten us all a new asshole, and since there's no sphinctoid
muscle, all the **** comes pouring out.

Daily we are inundated with the most appalling hyperbole from both sides,
but the majority of it comes from the fact that something CAN be said
against this administration's behavior and our place in the world, and our
frineds and family dying in another country across the world. If these
things don't affect you, then you are all the better for it, but don't try
to make it a requirement that I go to some other newsgroup simply to argue
points. We don't do that here. We argue amongst our brethern of the audio
art, and that makes a difference.

And no, you're not being out of place. I'm just adding my own $.02.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"
If you like arguing politics, there are many good newsgroups to do it in.

know artistic types tend to be opinionated, and can't resist a little
politicalizing amongst others of similar creative interest, but when we

have
OT forks back to the root from threads that were off topic to begin with,
things are more than a little out of hand.

Sorry if I'm out of place, being an irregular here and all - just my 2c.