Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default only one real issue I'm finding with monitor speaker setup versuscar

On 3/15/2018 4:25 AM, geoff wrote:
Instead of all this palaver, why not simply buy a better car stereo with
more comprehensive EQ ? They are dirt-cheap these days.

That depends on how young, agile, and mechanically inclined you are. I
looked into replacing the radio in my 2003 Lexus ES-300 (a Toyota Camry
with better seats) in order to listen to HD broadcast when one of the
few stations I listened to in the car dropped their low power analog FM
transmitter and only broadcast that programming on one of their digital
channels.

There's no way I'd fit myself into the places I'd have to go in order to
remove the original radio and install a new one. I could buy a perfectly
reasonable one for about $100 but the shop told me that installation
would cost about $250. I figured that anything I've never done before
and didn't know how to do, that cost $250 worth of labor, wasn't
something I wanted to try. So I started listening to another station.

Like JBI, I, too, use a cassette adapter for playing audio from my phone
or MP3 player when I'm on a long drive. A new radio would give me the
opportunity to replace that signal path with Bluetooth - I don't know if
that's better or worse audio-wise (probably better) but it would be less
haywire. Still, I decided that I'd wait to change radios when I changed
cars, if the car ever wears out.