Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

Default only one real issue I'm finding with monitor speaker setup versuscar

On 3/14/2018 9:10 PM, JBI wrote:
On 03/14/2018 05:46 PM, geoff wrote:
On 15/03/2018 10:10 AM, JBI wrote:

I listen pretty loud and like a lot of bass.* In fact, it surprises
folks how much bass a simple cassette adapter set up has until I
reveal a headphone amp ahead of the MP3 player, with the amp set for
high bass. **Makes a big difference.

Only semi-related to your situation ..... I find a sub (small
'under-seat' variety makes casual recreational car-listening far more
satisfactory, because one can hear the bass without the door-speakers
overloading, and keep the overall level down to something sensible.

Interesting, never thought about that.* I doubt I could ever get one to
work with the existing factory radio system though.* It definitely would
lessen the strain on the OEM speakers, however.

Mine has a remote sub level (or 'Volume' for Thekma's benefit) to
partially compensate for varying sources, ie typical FM station versus
'pure' CD/ Ipod (lossless), or other unfriggedwith sound.

geoff

Hmm, so I'm guessing you've never done a MLSSA or any other
analysis of your listening space. Do you even have a clue about
the frequency response of your car's sound system?
~~
From what you've described thus far it seems you are dealing
with a rather limited and quite quirky space. The more you know
about that space the better you'll be equipped to deal with it.
--
==
Later...