Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default only one real issue I'm finding with monitor speaker setup versus car

Mike Rivers wrote: "the radio's panning control (by 2000, most car radios did
have one) so,"

Are you referring to the BALANCE control?
Because every car I have ever riden in or
drove has had one of those, even cars from
the sixties. On the other hand, I have never
seen, in any post-2000 model I've been in,
a "panning" control. And we're taking Chevys,
Hyundais, Toyotas, Subarus, Hondas, you
name it.

As for what this guy is attempting to do, it sounds
like he wants to master stuff so it sounds great
from his position in the drivers seat of his daily
driver. So some advice for how to configure
the front seat area as a mastering suite while
parked might be helpful here.

He should be forewarned that such masters will
sound like CRAP anywhere else they are played,
except maybe in a car of identical make, year,
and model, with same sound system with same
tone/EQ settings.