Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default only one real issue I'm finding with monitor speaker setup versuscar

On 09/03/2018 20:37, JBI wrote:

I thought the whole point of getting this set up and mixing with
monitors in the house was so that mixes would sound better on anything,
not just in the car!Â* Correct me if I'm wrong....

Only one reverb so far has been passable, and that was a convolution
reverb with very gentle settings.Â* It actually sound worse on the
monitors, but better in the car.Â* Perhaps I'll have to go back to that
but it's a darned shame that the current reverb sounds like crap in the
auto as it really sounds good on these new monitors.Â* Oh well.....

Part of the problem may be that you are not used to your new system yet,
another is that reverb generally sounds better is if it used in small
doses, especially if you are adding it to material that already has some
reverb or room tone in the source.

Another point is that when monitoring,it's recommended that you install
sound deadening pads at the reflection points between your ears and the
speakers, say on the ceiling and desktop,and that your head and the
speakers fall at the points of an equilateral triangle.

There is another way, of course, which is to get a better quality system
installed in the car and set up to sound as good as the environment
permits. Decent door speakers, and a decent quality subwooofer, set not
to overpower the others is one way I've had success with.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.