Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Opera: Good acoustics with digital piano or bad acoustics with acoustic piano

David Grant wrote:
I'm doing an opera recital recording for my client's audition cd. I have the
option of doing the recording in my not-so-hot sounding livingroom with an
acoustic baby grand or at a local church with nice acoustics but a roland
digital piano.

Since the vocalist is the feature, the obvious choice would seem to be the
church, but as I have no past experience doing opera in my livingroom or
recording digital pianos I'd love a bit of reassurance!

Nobody cares what the piano sounds like, they care what the singer sounds
like. If the piano sounds a little funny or a little bit fake, it's a
lot better than the singer sounding less than perfect. Go with the good
room.