Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Recording Magazine

If you have any question as to whether there's an audible
difference among wires/cables, put one kind on one channel,
another kind on the other channel, and play a mono program
source.

Don't you think that the difference between one speaker and
the other, both the hardware and their positions in the
room, would overshadow a difference in the sound of the
cable?

NO, I don't. If it did, then the cable's affect on the sound would have to
be considered negligibly minor. Furthermore, one could listen first with
identical cables simply to get a feeling for the "baseline".

I suspect that with the same type of cable on both speakers
in a more or less normal setup, any listener, upon careful
listening, would hear a difference between them.

Suspect all you like. I've played mono recordings through the front channels
of my system, and the sound is almost perfectly centered.

You're pulling a "John Atkinson" -- arguing against the pre-sumed results of
an experiment, rather than actually /performing/ the experiment.