Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default NY

Trevor wrote:
On 3/01/2020 4:41 am, Tobiah wrote:
On 12/31/19 6:19 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/31/2019 8:57 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
You're a year early. AD decades began with year 1.

Each decade (or any time period) begins any time you choose it to! You
do realise the calendar has changed more than once since then?

I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept mass media's version
of this, right or wrong. The Washington Post says this is the start
of a new decade, as does National Public Radio, and even the MIDI
Manufacturer's Association.

You just can't fight social hall, but start campaigning early for the
next decade beginning in 2031.

We also group decades by saying the 20's, 30's..Â* I'd hate to have to
remember that a song written in 1960 was really part of the 50's.

Any mathematician will tell you numbers begin at zero, NOT end at zero.

The mathematicians had a nasty habit of numbering inductive sets ending
in ALEPH_0 starting with 1. There's a chronic fear of zero in the world.

--
Les Cargill