Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default converting WAV file to MP3

On 1/4/2020 10:11 AM, wrote:
What I'd like to know is why, when I double click MP3 files of songs in Windows
Vista to play them in Windows Media Player, it takes 3-5min. to start playing?

A WAV, no problem. Double click the file, Media Player opens, starts playing the
song within two seconds.

Maybe it's going out to a few web sites to see if the music is stolen? I
use WinAmp (yes, it's old) and it plays just about anything, real
snappy. And the best feature for me - and I've looked for this in other
media players and haven't found it - is the Bookmarks. I save the URL of
streaming radio stations that I like to listen to and can get to them
straight from WinAmp without having to open a real web browser.

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com