Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Dynakit 70 filter cap question

GuitarPsych wrote:
I am about to replace the filt capacitors on my dynakit 70 (I'm
guessing they have never been changed) and rather than open the amp
just to find out what they are, does anyone here know off hand what I
should purchase as replacements for the current filter caps, and how
many?

30/20/20/20uF @ 525VDC

It is the 525V (or better) that makes it awkward as that is not a
common value for electrolytic caps and so they are unusually expensive.

Modern caps won't fit into the existing can, so you will wind up
stuffing them underneath (rather than restuffing the can) unless you
want exposed HV above the chassis.

There are after-market add-on boards for this purpose as one other has
mentioned.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA