Ionizer

Default WARNING: MusicMatch Jukebox is smarter than you (like XP)

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
m...
To clarify: the mp3 files DO actually appear in a folder on your hard

drive
after ripping, but then at a later time when you go into that folder via
Windows Explorer, those mp3 files are no longer there? Is that what you

are
saying?

Yes. I looked to check on the directory structure and played a few.
The directory size was ~4 GB after all the Christmas CDs (25 CDs). And
7 GB after all 80 were ripped over the next few days. That told me
something was up.

If the files existed on your hard drive in a known location, when viewed
with Windows Explorer, and yet later vanished, what leads you to assume that
your ripping software (MusicMatch) had anything to do with it? For
instance, some viruses/worms (for example, VBS/Gorum.gen@MM) attempt to
delete mp3 files from the hard drive.

My point is that there may be entirely something else at fault aside from
MusicMatch. Unless you can specifically identify a reason to implicate
MusicMatch, I would seriously recommend that you explore some other
possibilities- you may have more problems on your system than you realize.

Regards,
Ian.